
I've been reading more on what a social worker can do, and the more I read up on it, the more I feel right in pursing this profession. I always had the desire to counsel but I knew I wanted to do more than just counseling. I never liked the thought of being behind a desk staying in a building all day. Pursing my MSW will enable me to go into a community and find what kinds of support people need. I know it isn't as easy as I think, but I do want to go where there is a lack of care. Especially, but not exclusively, in the Asian American community, more specific, the Korean-American community. A social working degree seems so perfect for me, and there is so much that I wish to do with it. I hope at least one of my plans follow through. Grad school tuition scares me though, but I have to remind myself that God will provide. He must!
March 2010 is the month for Social Workers. Hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment